Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where does time go?

Last night was my friends birthday, we went to her house to celebrate over Steak and Potatoes! (Happy Birthday Jenny! We love you!) I have to admit I love spending time with her daughter, my God daughter, Jeslyn. She is edging towards 2 1/2 and I just don't know where the time goes! You see I remember the night before she was born. I told her that it would be much easier if she decided to come now since I was already in Gresham. But she didn't listen. She allowed me to drive home at almost midnight and turn around and drive back to Gresham at 5 in the morning instead. I was there when the sweet angel graced us with her presence. I watched her grow and turn one, then I watched her walk up the aisle with her bottle at my wedding, I watched her pick out the biggest pumpkin and last nigt I sat there and talked to her about animal and she told me the Cow said moo and the Frog said Ribbit and then showed me how frogs jump and ribbit. I am so blessed to have that little girl in my life but again I wonder what happened to the time that has passed by. Jeslyn has grown and learned so much but what have I done during this time. I wonder if I've impacted enough lives, constantly lived my life as a good example, been a blessing to other people as Jeslyn has been to me. All these things and I continue to ask have I been everything that Jesus wants me to be and more so will I make the next years matter like they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment