Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And God doesn't have a sense of humor!

Yesterday I sat and planned a menu for this next week. It has been forever since we went Grocery shopping. I made up my list. Went through my coupons. And headed for the store. I knew I had to buy extras of some things because Shawns brother is staying with us. And I knew it would be an expesive trip because we were out of just about everything! As I walked through the aisles of the store my cart got fuller and fuller. I got more and more scared about what it was going to cost. At one point I looked at Shawn and said maybe I should put some back. Im sure some of it was wants and not necessities. He told me to just finish up. We went though the checkout and with all my coupons it still racked up to way more than I had hoped for!! Oh man I thought...surely Im going to have to rework the budget now!!

We got home, unloaded the groceries and Shawn went to get the mail. He said I had a card from Silverdale where Shawns Grandmother lives. I was totally surprised!! And this is what part of it read, "You are a dear girl to help take care of Matt. And I know you will be taking on more work because of this. I'm sending some grocery money - I know what it costs. You are in my prayers. I love you all. Lets be in touch and may God's will be done."

How does it happen that you get home from spending too much at the grocery store to find a check in the mail for groceries! God does have a sense of humor! What a blessing for us!! God is good!! Don't lose hope, He sees our sacrifices and blesses us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment